The Canadian AIDS Society is looking for nominations for multiple positions on its Board of Directors:
1. Atlantic Regional Director (full 2 yr term)
2. PLWHIV Director (1 yr replacement term)
3. Québec Regional Director (1 yr replacement term)
4. Québec PLWHIV Director (full 2 yr term)
5. Ontario Regional Director, outgoing Gerry Croteau (full 2 yr term)
6. Prairies PLWHIV Director, outgoing Bernard Mathieson (full 2 yr term)
7. Pacific: Regional Director, outgoing Neil Self (full 2 yr term)
8. PLWHIV Director (1 yr replacement term)
9. Director-at-Large: Person identifying as a woman (full 2 yr term)
The Canadian AIDS Society is a national coalition of community-based AIDS organizations from across Canada. Dedicated to strengthening the response to HIV across all sectors of society, we also work to enrich the lives of people and communities living with HIV. We accomplish this by advocating on behalf of people and communities affected by HIV, facilitating the development of programs, services and resources for our member groups, and providing a national framework for community-based participation in Canada’s response to HIV.
Ideally, the Regional Director position is held by either an Executive Director or a Board member of one of our member organizations since the Regional Director will interact primarily with the Executive Directors of community-based organizations.
The PLWHIV Director position is to be held by someone living with HIV.
Please read the attached nomination form and position description before submitting the application.
If you are interested, or know someone who may be, please forward your nomination to email@example.com.
The deadline for nominations is September 17, 2018.