The Canadian AIDS Society (CAS) is hiring a National Harm Reduction Coordinator at our national office in Ottawa.
- The primary responsibility of the National Harm Reduction Coordinator will be to plan and facilitate community development, capacity building and research initiatives in the areas of sexual health knowledge and harm reduction.
- The position will require knowledge and expertise in coordinating the development sexual health knowledge materials.
- The position may require representing CAS on various national committees.
- The National Harm Reduction Coordinator is also responsible for identifying future initiatives for the advancement of harm reduction in Canada, in consultation with the Executive Director and as guided by the CAS Board of Directors and Members.
- Other work priorities and activities will be determined by the strategic areas in the annual work plan and in consultation with the Executive Director.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in: health and social policy, sciences, and/or research; community development and consultation; and working with people with lived experience. The successful candidate should also have a strong background in sexually transmitted and blood-borne infection (STBBI) prevention, education, treatment and care.
- Successful candidates will also have the skills required to analyze and strategize on a wide variety of STBBI issues at both national and local levels of the community-based HIV/AIDS movement.
- The position requires at least a post-secondary education and emphasis will be placed on experience in the non-profit voluntary sector. Excellent research and writing skills and the ability to consult broadly are essential.
- Assets: Bilingualism (English and French); experience using social media tools and/or developing content for websites, blogs, social networks.
Persons living with HIV/AIDS are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary: $ 37,000-42,000
Starting date: January 2019
Deadline for Applications: December 21, 2018
Only successful applicants will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Gary Lacasse, Executive Director
Canadian AIDS Society
170 Laurier Ave W, Suite 602
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5V5