The Canadian AIDS Society (CAS) is pleased to announce a series on transgender issues.
These webinars to be conducted in association with various community members and allies over the next month will touch upon the following six major themes:
- Trans* 101 / overview of issues and diversity within the trans community
- Families in transition / support and resources for gender creative children, teens and their families
- Friday April 28, 1 pm EDT
- Transitioning: WPATH Standards of Care and their application within Canada
- Trans inclusive health resources / major challenges / best practices in existence
- Transphobia, trans discrimination and trans rights
- Developing trans-inclusive spaces / policies / workplaces / washrooms
- Thursday April 27, 1 pm EDT https://cdnaids.adobeconnect.com/transissues/
CAS has been working with various trans community leaders and allies to develop these themes for the webinars since the launch of the trans toolkit.
These webinars are being created to provide practical information and resources and enhance the dialogue between trans persons and their allies in the community.
We will keep you informed of specific dates in the weeks ahead.