The Canadian AIDS Society (CAS) is pleased to present its series on transgender issues.
These webinars, conducted in association with various trans community members and allies, touch upon the following six major themes:
- Trans* 101 / overview of issues and diversity within the trans community
- Families in transition / support and resources for gender creative children, teens and their families
- Transitioning: WPATH Standards of Care and their application within Canada
- Trans inclusive health resources / major challenges / best practices in existence
- Transphobia, trans discrimination and trans rights
- Developing trans-inclusive spaces / policies / workplaces / washrooms
CAS has been working with various trans community leaders and allies to develop these themes for the webinars since the launch of the trans toolkit.
These webinars have been created to provide practical information and resources and enhance the dialogue between trans persons and their allies in the community.